Sunday 17 July 2011

Family memories

I'm back with the tutorial for my Blae and Ivy Family Memories photo display.

When I saw these papers, I thought I would do up a frame to hold photos of my childhood. I don't have a lot of photos, so the ones I have are fairly precious and these papers work beautifully with them.

So here we go....



Family Memories Display Frame

Products used: Six Frame Photo Display (SB2111); Blae & Ivy Paper Valley (P699); KC Black Paint (KC031); Blae & Ivy Clear Stamps (CS781); Blae & Ivy Journal Tags (JT623); KC Wood Flourishes Lampost (FL325), Leaves (FL303), Butterflies (FL341); KC Paper Blooms Iceberg (F630), Honey (F628); KC Pearl Flourish (PL515); KC Rubons Life (RB903), KC Mini Alpha (MA505); KC Lace (EM927)
Other products used: Embossing Ink, Embossing Powder, Hat Pin.


Glue the frame to the backboard and paint it black. When the paint is dry sand the top of the frame, including all edges to give them a slight distressed look.
Stamp leaves randomly around the frame with embossing ink and emboss with a gold embossing powder. I used a gilded embossing powder to give a distressed look.
Cut Blae & Ivy Valley into the separate pieces. Choose which pieces you want to use in the rectangles on the frame, trim, then distress and ink all edges. Glue into place.
Sand edges of your photos and decide on the placement. I inked the edges of 2 of the journal tags and used them in the 2 bigger frames, one behind the photo and the other behind the title.
When you’re happy with the placement of your photos stick down. I placed a quote in the bottom left hand frame.
Glue the lampost to the bottom left hand corner of the frame, and the leaf flourish to the top right hand corner of the frame. Add one of the pearl flourishes to the top of the leaf flourish. Add your title to the top frame, and finish with a pearl flourish under it.
Finish the frame off with pieces of lace and paper blooms and any other embellishments you might like to use.

And here are the detailed pics...











I hope you enjoyed... and don't forget to keep an eye on the Kaisercraft blog for more great projects from the girls in the design team!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Toni!!! Love it! *Hugz*

Beccy said...

What a beautiful project Toni, I love this paper collection. Thanks for the great tutorial too!
Cheers,
Beccy

Mrs Frizz said...

it's gorgeous ... totally gorgeous.