Tuesday 12 July 2011

Blae & Ivy Layouts

I loved Blae and Ivy... the soft blues and greens work perfectly with heritage layouts, especially wedding ones.

It worked even better when I went through my heritage photos and found these photos of my aunt and uncle's wedding... their wedding colour was soft blue and with the green background in the photo they were perfect!



The flowers and leaves on the sticker sheet were perfect for these photos as well, and I curled the petals on the flower to give it some dimension.



Also you don't have to use a full sticker either, especially the journal ones. I trimmed the side off this one to use as a base for this detail...




Also in the Blae & Ivy range is a gorgeous diecut page with gloss flowers. This is such a pretty piece of paper, that I couldn't resist using it with a photo of my mum taken in around 1963.



To emphasise the diecut paper, I added some lace to the top right corner. Now I saw this on a layout on the internet a few weeks ago, but I can't remember where. So please forgive me for not acknowledging you.



Also included in this range is some gorgeous clear stamps. The leaf stamp is going to be perfect for a lot of projects I think... I always have trouble locating leaves to add to my flowers... won't have that problem any more!



Add a little bit of detail, lace and journalling tag and you have a simple and elegant layout!



But if you like my layouts, you really need to go have a look at the other layouts on show here...
http://www.kaisercraft.com.au/blog/starting-the-week-off-with-a-little-blae-and-ivy/

And if you click on the right on the kaisercraft blog link, then you will see lots more yumminess!

4 comments:

Kirsty said...

These are lovely!!

Karen Shady said...

it looks like Blae and Ivy was made just for that photo of you Aunt and Uncles sedding. Just perfect. Love what you have done with this range Toni :)

Karen Shady said...

hmmm, good spelling in the last post !!

Mrs Frizz said...

gorgeous ...