Wednesday 24 October 2007

Enough is enough!

When is enough enough?
Those of you who know me well know that I will always stand beside my family and friends no matter what. Through thick and thin I hope I will always there.

And some of you have heard about a new aussie scrap smack blog. This blog was started with, I believe, the best of intentions. As a place to voice criticisms and legitimate complaints.

But....
it has degenerated into a free-for-all. Anyone and everyone is fair game for abuse, criticism, innuendo and rumour, whether true or not. These comments are being posted by people hiding behind Anon.
I do not believe that this was the original intention of this blog, but if it was, then shame on you.

This blog needs to either stop these anonymous comments and come out of hiding, and run it as a place to voice genuine comments or criticism, or close this blog down completely. It should no longer be a place for people to post anonymous slanderous comments in a free-for-all.

You can flag this blog as "Containing defamatory Content" or you can go here to this site and report them with a Terms of Service violation.... http://help.blogger.com/?page=contact.
The name of the blog is aussiescrapsmack.blogspot.com

Some will say I shouldn't advertise this blog, and I agree with them. But I will NOT stand by and see my friends slammed for absolutely no reason but being the people that they are. No one person is 100% good or 100% bad. We are all human with human frailties! Can you say that you are perfect? I know I can't!

I will more than likely be bagged for this, but to tell you the truth I DON'T CARE! This blog has hurt and upset some very lovely people who have had nothing to do with any of this.

I believe the scrapbooking community is a lot better than than what this blog has become. Sure I don't like people, but that is my personal opinion and not a reason to start posting nasty comments about them.

We, as a group, are more than this. I think it's time to let these people know that we are all above this type of thing.



All I ask of you is.....

PLEASE REMEMBER WHY YOU STARTED SCRAPBOOKING!

I'm sure it was not for accolades, to win competitions or to be published in a magazine.

Most of us who scrapbook started this wonderful hobby as a way to remember the stories of our children so we could share them with them when they were older, to share them with other family members and with our friends.

This is why we scrapbook. It is not about anything else....

Before you post a nasty comment, think of what type of example are you setting for those beautiful children of yours that you are scrapbooking.

What legacy would you like to leave them?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hI tONI, i LEFT A comment but it didn't publish. Grrr!
I agree 100% with what you have said. Those poeple on 'that other blog' are just poison. Much better to flag their blog and just stay away. I read through all the posts and was just dumbfounded by some of the stupid comments. They are very childish.
I filled in a form and sent to blogger.
Well done.
Take care
xTammy

Anonymous said...

Just now at 4.15pm I tried to log onto that wen site but it didn't open for me. Blogger showed a message saying page not found.

Hoping this means that assuescrapsmack.blogspot.com is already closed down.

Thanks for getting involved and keeping me informed. Love from Susan (smiles1965) xxoo

Anonymous said...

Hi gorgeous girl,

Thanks again for being the wonderful chicky babe that you are!!! *hugz*

Not going to comment on THAT blog. I am shutting down my blogspot account, wordpress have free accounts if anyone is thinking of changing. After being told by blogger that it was free speech they have definately turned me off their site. I don't do business with those type of people!!!

Take care gorgeous girl

Love n Hugz
Bec

Anonymous said...

Yep, I was apalled when i found out about this site....I had a quick read and felt sick in my stomach reading it.
Susan...it still is open...you must have spelt it wrong.
Am too hoping it closes soon.
Gayle

Linda said...

Well said Toni. It is such a shame there are so many nasty drama queens out there involved in such a beautiful craft that have nothing better to do than to say nasty comments on blogs, they need to get over themselves!