Monday 6 May 2013

Heritage box

I actually did some 'just because' scrapping recently, decorating this 'writing desk' from Kaisercraft.
I never had a set idea on what I wanted to use it for, but just felt like making it pretty.
I ended up using a range of Bo Bunny papers that I had bought just because they were pretty... I seem to do that a lot and I think I needed to use some of them up!!!

So from the top...
and the obligatory detail shots...


The flowers I've used are some Prima ones and they've all got a gold highlight to them, and I've coloured the lace and the paper doilies with a range of glimmer mists... my new favourites Burlap and Kraft. The colours do come up well!!!
The butterflies are all handcut from one of the Bo Bunny papers.
The whole top of the box has then been sprayed with a gold glimmermist so it has a very pretty sheen to it!

Now from the front...

Again the lace has all been coloured with the glimmermist again.
The textured corners have been created using a mix of texture paste, gauze, and then sprayed with the glimmermists again. Not quite what I was going for, but I'm happy with the effect at any rate!
I haven't done this to the back corners and am wondering if I need, but I think it will be too much. anyway the lace is there!

The inside of the box...
I found the jade paper I used for the sides was a bit on the bright side, so I added some more glimmermist. That toned it right down to match in with the outside.

And finally the inside of the lid...

More flowers, butterflies, doilies and glimmermist!
I think I used half a bottle of glimmermist on this project alone! I'm going to have to find the bigger bottles of Burlap and Kraft... !

I love the way this box came out... it's pretty enough that I can use it for anything from heritage, to maybe some old letters... or even storing some of my stash...




No comments: