Saturday 9 February 2013

Cooking anyone?

At Christmastime my niece asked me to alter a cover for a recipe book for her...
She orignally wanted blues and purples but I couldn't find something that would go with cooking, so after a bit of discussion back and forth, this is what I've come up with...


Red and white and black and hints of blue and yellow and green....
I've used a piece of Kaisercraft Pickled Pear for the background of the cover (I do love that paper!). The detail at the top and bottom have been handcut from a piece of Websters Pages Farmers Market and I've used stickers from Bo Bunny.
I think it all works very well together.

It's going to get a fair bit of use so I wanted to keep the front fairly simple so have only added the title (a sticker) with a label holder and a wooden knive and fork from Kaisercraft.
The back is covered in the same piece of Pickled Pear, though for the inside I used a red spotted paper.


Hopefully my niece will love it... if not it might just have to return home to me!

No comments: