Sunday 13 January 2013

New Year, New Look, New Beginnings


Well with the start of a new year there's been a few new projects on my desktop and I've also decided to give my blog a makeover starting off with a new banner. Like it??? I think it's come up very well!

I also had some big news in that Lorraine at Chook Scraps Scrapbooking has asked me to be a member of her Design Team!
Having been a member of her site for years and being a WA store, I couldn't say no. So far it's been a lot of fun and a very relaxing start which has helped to jumpstart my creativity!

2013 has also seen me start a Photo-a-Day project. I really didn't take many photos last year, so looking forward to taking a lot more. I've only taken them on my phone, but it's enough for a record.
So far, I'm going to stick with doing January, and then see what happens from there. I might change things so that I'm taking photos once a week. We'll see what happens.

But I thought I would share the first  12 days of photos....


 It's been an interesting journey so far. I'm also going to work on a Year-in-Review album which is actually already made up, so I just have to fill in each month when it's finished.
Sounds easy so hopefully it will be.

This year I'm also going to start playing with a bit of mixed media. This is more to learn the effects of different mediums like inks, mists, stains and paints. I really don't know how to use them to their full potential so this year I plan on rectifying this and learning some new techniques along the way.

I've made the cover for the journal and will share later....

And along with that, I might start sharing more projects and also some how-to's... I will see how I go so no promises.

No comments: