Wednesday 24 October 2012

Lest We Forget

When I was trying to come up with some off-the-page projects for the show, I decided to make up one of the Kaisercraft frames...
I was going to use photos of the boys, but then I decided to work with a chipboard 'Rising Sun' I had picked up in Hyden in March, and decided to work with these photos in my Grandmother's collection taken in Albany on Anzac Day in about 1966. I'm sure my father will correct me when he see's it as it is for him for Christmas.

I painted the frame black, then used some Twiddlybitz Rusting Powder to get the worn look. And yes, I did get the rusting powder absolutely everywhere!!!

I used Bo Bunny Et-cetera papers for the background. The photos were all printed on white bazzil and the edges sanded.




I found it very hard to get the colours right on the 'Rising Sun' especially as the detail is so fine. Even though it is not a bronze colour I'm happy with the way it turned out.


No comments: