Sunday 5 August 2012

Studio Tour - Part 2

Yesterday I gave you an overview of my studio... today I'll give you a closer look at some areas.
Most of my room has been done on a budget and I've looked around for the cheapest way of getting the looks I wanted.
All of the bookcases and the cubes I have purchased from Red Dot (our local cheap shop) to keep the costs down.
The lino floor was purchased as an offcut from our local store so I got it for half price.

My computer desk. Now this is made from a set of white drawers (had on hand and just changed the handles), 2 pieces of white melamine (1 for the desktop, and the other for the back) and 2 legs. The front of the melamine top has been finished with a piece of pine trim. It's the perfect size and the drawers hold my A4 paper, inks and pens.
I've put a couple of screws on the side to hold the powerboard in easy reach.
I thought I would share this little tip... I've put on hook in the side as well and the cords I use to charge my phone, e-reader and the cord for the external hard drive clipped with bulldog clips and hung off the hook. They're kept neat and tidy and within easy reach.

This is a closer look at the set of cubes that hold several things on display like boxes and mini albums.
The top provides a good place to display a frame, and hold the wire basket I picked up that holds all of my Versacube inks. I used to have them all sorted by colour, but decided to just throw them all in together.
I have a simple matchstick bamboo blind at the window with white organza curtains framing it flowing down to either side of the set of cubes. It keeps a nice soft look to the room against the brick walls.

I love these bookcases. I picked up several from Red Dot (as well as the cubes) and keeping them all white they add a freshness to the room. I've also teamed them up with some cane baskets from Target.
This set of bookcases hold my books on scrapbooking, my cross stitch kits and sewing stuff all on the baskets.
And this one holds my Stamp-it, Tim Holtz and Staz-on inks, as well as Kaisercraft paints, watercolour pencils and glues. I'm not 100% happy with this so consider it a work in progress. I want something for the inks that will make them easier to access...
BTW the basket holds clothes that I use for various clean-up jobs...

I also have another of these 2 shelf book cases that has 2 baskets in it. One is empty but the other holds all of my spare tapes, inks and sanding blocks.

I will be back in the next day or 2 with my scrapbooking storage. Warning it will be a long post as I'm going to go into it in detail...

Stay tuned!






No comments: