Sunday 15 February 2009

One week...

One week... this week. Everyone in some way has been affected by the fires in Victoria. The death and destruction is terrible. But what amazes me is that people have deliberately lit some of these fires...
But it has made me stop and think... if we were faced with something like that what would we do... go or stay? what would we save if given the chance? Even though I know that a lot of people in Victoria had no chance to save anything, I've given thought this week to what would be most important besides the kids and what I would save given enough time to grab them.
And it surprised me what I decided... the birth certificates and photo negatives, my computer and external hard drive with the photos on them, the boys special teddies and something that could never be replaced... a book that belonged to my grandmother, and her grandmother before her.
The scrapbooking albums, everything else could be replaced, but the photos, the special things... that's what can never be replaced.


But on to other things... I managed to get a little scrapping done this week... finished most of the challenges that I'm involved in, so here's a look-see...






I hope everyone manages to have a better week.... take care!

No comments: