Sunday 6 January 2008

So tell me.....

Where did 2007 go???
Do you perhaps have it hidden in your back pocket?
Your back shed perhaps?
Maybe it's hidden in your tote with that long forgotten pattern paper?
Cause honest... I'm sure it should only be July....
No definately not 2008... nope most definately NOT 2008!
WHAT? you telling me it IS 2008... gawd these years are going by faster and faster and faster......oh well....

So what happened in 2007.... it was a big year for me really...

It took us a lot of work but finally we got our loans consolidated and now we have the home loan to pay. For the first time we have no stress about getting the bills paid, we have the money there to pay it. It's a good feeling!

I went to the Boxx retreat again this year and met some fantastic people... some for the first time. Another great year and I will never forget the drive through the forest discussing serial killers with Tess and Donna... thank you so very much girls for a wonderful trip and I'm so looking forward to it again in less than 10 weeks! woohoo....

So what else.... well a dream came true and I was accepted to a design team.... For me this was just such a totally big big big moment. I have so loved working with Jenny at Really Just Ribbons for the last 6 months and I hope to continue working with her gorgeous ribbons... I tell you.... a girl can never have too many ribbons!
And at the end of 2007 I was accepted to the Scrapbooking 4 Less OTP Design Team. I am so looking forward to this this year and being able to share my creations with everyone. So 2008 is looking at being a major year for me scrapwise....
And one of the big things this coming year is I will have to teach my first class... ok now I'm seriously scared....breathe Toni... you can do this!

So back to 2007....
Well all the boys are now at school so at the start of 2007 we dropped all childcare! After 10 years of paying out childcare it has made things so much easier. And this is one of the reasons we could consolidate the loans.

I also started researching the family history in 2007 and this is going to be one of my main projects this year. I'm now the family historian..lol... so to that end I've done up a Journal Jar for mum and dad to start recording their memories before we lose them. I'm going to use the guilt trip on them when we go up in a few weeks, as dad had said to me that he had asked Grandma to write down her memories before she died and she didn't so now they're all lost to us.
So I'm getting in early.

And also on the family history side of things, I had a second or is it third cousin contact me from Scotland and they're researching the family history too, so this was fantastic to get in touch with them.

The boys have all grown and been pretty healthy this year which for us has been fantastic. Fingers crossed that this will now continue.

And for the first time in 12 years we all went on a holiday in 2007. Up to Port Denison. For all the trouble with the blow up mattress it was still a lot of fun and there's another holiday in the planning for this year to Shark Bay.

And finally Christmas... a great day but gawd I was stuffed by the time it finished! and this weekend is the first chance I've had to just sit and relax without having to worry about what and were we were going....

So it was a wonderful end to a wonderful year.

Here's for 2008.... I have no resolutions, but this year I've decided to cut back on the amount of scrapbooking challenges I enter and concentrate on my design team commitments and to also spend time on the family history. Don't get me wrong... I'm still going to scrap... but I'm cutting back on things that I agree to get done and just remember what my scrapping is about... the family!

So on that note... have yourselves a wonderful 2008 and never forget why you scrap!

BTW... here's the first step on our family history journey....
Mum and Dad's Journal Jar!



No comments: