Tuesday 25 November 2014

It's getting a bit busy...

So much going on right now it must be the lead up to the end of the year and Christmas.

In the next month (besides Christmas!) we have Junior State Fire Brigade Championships, Cadet wind-up dinner, friends birthday, year 7 graduation as well as working and I have a couple of design jobs on the go so not really much time for anything at all....

But on the up side, Chook Scraps had a CC a week or 2 ago which I actually managed to find some time to scrap...

This one was a scraplift (still one of my favourite photos of Kristofer!)...


Can't remember the criteria for this one but I remember it had lace, birds and a dry medium)... but a nice simple one anyway...

And then a card challenge using a new technique using salt resist. I actually had to google this to find out what it was but did have a lot of fun. The leaves on the card have been cut out from paper I used the technique on. Basically it's wet media (stains don't work well unless you're very quick!) and then sprinkled with salt. Rock salt is the best. The salt absorbs the colour and you get the 'tie-dye' look.
The leaves came up really well....





And I even managed one of the 12 weeks of Christmas challenges.
This weeks challenge included using 7 ribbon... OMG!!!! I actually had to use some of my stash of ribbon... I'm still hyperventilating... lol




So besides working, there's not much been happening. I have managed to work out a new way to hang layouts for display though and will share that next time.

Otherwise if you find a housework fairy, please send them my way... I'm in desperate need of help!

No comments: