Monday 1 April 2013

Keep Calm & Create

We all need a good quote in our studio I believe, and I loved this one!!!
So out came an old canvas which was then painted, papered, sprayed stamped and embellished and this is what was produced...
I committed sacrilege with an Oxford Dictionary giving up many pages to create the background! What a sacrifice....
I then cut up a piece of Websters Pages paper for the roses....
I then wanted to gesso it, but due to the fact it was Easter, and the shops were closed so I couldn't get any gesso, I had to make do with what I had which was a cheap white acrylic paint. At least I didn't have to water it down... :)
Add some texture paste, gold netting and muslin for some texture...
From there I then played around with some of my Ranger Colorwashes, watering them down to get the pale yellow, pink and green that I wanted and then sprayed the whole background!!! Very subtle, but very pretty I think!
When it all dried, I then ran a black ink pad over the top to pick up the texture and add some shadow.

All of the chipboard around the edges of the canvas have been painted with a pearl paint and then sprayed with the Colorwashes. I used the same colours I sprayed the background with, but these ones weren't watered down. Because I used the pearl paint, the chipboard all shimmer...
The words were all painted with pearl paint, but they weren't going to stand out on the background, so I then painted them black and sanded them back, finishing with a coating of dimensional magic.
I tried several different techniques on the 'create' but nothing worked, so I painted them black with the higlight of the pearl, followed by dimensional magic.
That worked!!!

From there it was a case of deciding on placement of flowers (after I sprayed them with gold mist!) and glueing everything down...





Overall I'm very happy with it... the only problem is the frame of the canvas is a bit skew-iff... so the words look crooked, and they might not be quite centre ... damn!
I'm sure something will come to me to fix that as I doubt very much I can pull the letters off and restick them.
I'm also not sure if it needs something on the left hand side... any ideas?

No comments: