Friday 24 February 2012

Lack of motivation....

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!!!

yes I know I've been slack updating my blog lately... but then I've been slack doing a lot of things...
I just don't have the energy atm, and there's lots going on so it's easier to coming home and sit and read and escape for a while.
That means I've not been on the computer or scrapping much lately...
So please forgive me my lack of posts!

But now I will share with you my projects for These Days....

I must say I do love this range... it's a great heritage range and creates wonderful heritage pages...





Having done a bit of research into the family history, I’ve got copies of newspaper clippings and other documents. The Australian National Library has scanned copies of newspapers from all states, so with a bit of time and effort, you can find nearly any clipping that you’re looking for. I’ve found it to be very useful in confirming dates and other little snippets of information regarding the story of my grandparents.
I had a photocopy of a clipping from a newspaper in 1933 about my grandparents wedding in Darwin. Know the date and state made it very easy to find the actual page the clipping came from. This I printed out of photopaper and used as a background, but also for legibility I’ve retyped the column for the journalling. This creates a page that is perfect for my heritage album, telling not only the story of the wedding, but the copy of the page also records what else was happening in Darwin in 1933. It’s a small step back in time

and I also had one of the sketches to do this month so I used this gorgeous range to create it...



And yes, that's my father as a little boy....

The range also makes great Wedding/Engagement/Anniversary type cards...





And for my off-the-page I created this ornate frame. This frame is going to be a centrepiece on the wall with the family tree on either side when I figure out the best way or working it...
If you've got any ideas, let me know!









There was quite a bit of work in the painting of this frame.
First I sealed it with a white undercoat, painted the base green coat, then a crackle medium, then I sponged on the antique white top coat, then I stamped on a vine pattern, followed by sponging on the sealer.
This give the frame a marbled, aged look.
But if you look closely, on some of the stamped images is just a hint of red. This is because last time I used this stamp I didn't clean it properly. But rather than being a fault, it actually adds to the feel of the frame.

Would love to know what you think of my projects, and you never know, it might just give me back some motivation! All help gratefully received...lol

No comments: