Tuesday 27 December 2011

Merry Christmas

I know I've been a bad blogger, but life has held me hostage!
There's been all these good intentions, but something always got in the way.
So hopefully now that Christmas is done and dusted for another year I can get back on track.

Now I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas...

Have to admit, even though it's a lot of work, ours went well too and I've come out of it with some great stories...

The first starts Christmas Eve with 2 little boys (well I guess they're not quite so little any more), going to bed at 8.30pm.
At 10.30 one was still awake.... at 11 I figured they'd fallen asleep... wrong!
Santa filled their stockings and returned them to their rooms, and covered the youngest up with a blanket. With that he woke up. Now I'm sure he would have gone back to sleep again, except DS2 was still awake and as soon as he though Santa had left the rooms, he got up...
Ahhh... but Santa was watching... and the proceeded to remove the stockings and place them in their sleeping older brother's room, who would never wake up!
And they were informed there were no new presents under the tree...

So Santa left, but no, he wasn't fooled.... he turned out all the lights and went and sat in the lounge room where the Christmas tree was...
Not long after the youngest tiptoed out to check what was under the tree.... and Santa saw him and told him to go to bed.
Well now this Santa prepared for bed and all lights were turned off, but unknown to the youngest this Santa snuck into the lounge room and sat in the corner. Lo and behold 15 minutes later, and little boy with a torch tiptoed out to check out the tree and the next minute a voice from the darkness says "Would you like me to turn on the light so you can check there's no presents under the tree?"
And the little boy bolted back to his bed.... lol

This Santa knows these little boys and Santa's present wasn't anywhere near the tree... lol

But honestly, mum got up at 1.30am and the youngest was still up, watching a movie in his room... and then he was up at 6am!!!!!! So I have no idea how much sleep he got that night.



But the fun of Christmas didn't end there....
Of course after Christmas lunch with the family, we retired to the front yard for the annual game of cricket....
After lots of rule changes, cheating, head hunting, a lot of fun was had!
But, of course there's a but... in the middle of the afternoon a cricket bat went flying, and of course it hit my car....No broken windows... but there is now a nice little dent in the bonnet compliments of DS2.
DH was NOT happy, but as I explained to him, if it had been one of the guests he wouldn've worried about it, and at least it was one of the guests cars, or one of the windows of the house!


So yes, this Christmas has been very memorable...
the kids were ecstatic with their presents (with one jumping into my arms he was so happy!)
and I've been left with a couple of good stories to scrapbook!


And now I'm going to get back on track, I'll be back later with my kaisercraft projects from this month that I've been very slack on sharing....

I hope you've all had as much fun as I have this Christmas!

1 comment:

Mrs Frizz said...

too funny ... Santa knows if they have been naughty or nice ... lol ...